Mind Body Green hits home in a recent article about the heart. The preface of the article says,
“When you listen to your heart, you don’t become preoccupied with success and status, materialism and jealousy, or power and pride. And when you follow your heart, you find your peace, you ignite your passion, and you discover your purpose.”
I think we all need to be reminding of this now and again.
Some good reasons to follow your heart are:
- Forgetting our ego and letting people into our hearts to show our authentic self, including vulnerabilities and fears. By not thinking of only you and focusing on the actual relationship with others is connecting with our hearts.
- Finding our true path and passions, whatever that may be. We might not even realize why we want something but if we don’t follow it we won’t feel whole or satisfied.
- Allowing ourselves to heal. This comes from a relaxed heart that allows pain and stories to be told to help others and ourselves.
- To love yourself. This is loving your true self and not the ego part of it. “Ego judges and punishes. Love forgives and heals.”
- To love others. It’s not all about financial security or looks. “Live with an open heart because you never know who might fall in it.”
Keep Calm and Follow Your Heart