By Vivian Drury
Don’t get me wrong, I love wrapping up in a blanket around the Christmas tree or laying out by the pool in the warm summer sun, but its fall’s little details that push the other seasons behind.
1. The sound of crackling leaves beneath our boots. Nothing is better than having that be the only sound when walking to early classes in the morning.
2. FreeForm’s 13 Nights of Halloween. Already planning my nights around when Hocus Pocus is on.
3. Eating anything and everything pumpkin. My credit card statement is full with charges from Starbucks PSL’s to 50 cans of Libby’s Pumpkin Pie mix.
4. Oversized sweaters. They hide the food baby that I have from eating all that pumpkin.
5. Halloween. The night that brings out little bit of Karen Smith and Regina George in all of us.
6. Halloween themed TV episodes. Friends character Chandler dressed up as a hot pink bunny and The Office character Dwight dressed up as the Joker is a true classic.
7. Vests. From bubble to faux fur, it gives you that little bit of warmth to protect against that slight chill hanging in the air.
8. Blanket Scarfs and Sweaters. It’s like you rolled out of bed, but stayed in all of your blankets for the day. #Blessed.
9. Oatmeal. Enjoyed with a cup of hot coffee, it beats cereal any day of the week.
10. Apple Orchards. A cute candid pic of you picking apples is guaranteed triple digit likes on Instagram.
11. Colors of the Leaves. Suddenly your walk around campus looks like an oil canvas painting.
12. Pumpkin carving. Getting crafty…fall style.
13. Getting a large bag of candy has never been easier. Buying three bags even though you don’t get trick-or-treaters.
14. Haunted Houses. Nothing beats your significant other pulling you in close as a possessed little girl jumps out at you.
15. Thanksgiving. A holiday strictly focused on eating and eating and eating and family (but mostly eating).
16. Reading a book by the fireplace with a glass of wine. The definition of fall classiness.
17. Boot season. With all sorts of styles and colors, fall lets you take your shoe obsession to the next level.
Be sure to check out other UP articles on fall fashion trends!