By Gabriella Dini
From one Starbucks lover to another, I’m here to expose and provide alternatives in regards to our most cherished friend. I think we all know the sad truth about our favorite Starbucks beverages. The amount of sugar, carbs, and calories loaded with the drinks is crazy! I have researched and come up with many healthier alternatives and tips for our favorite bux drinks.
1. Classic Iced Coffee
When it comes to a classic brew, try adding sugar-free syrup or reduce the number of pumps they put in your drink. It will decrease the number of carbohydrates and sugar in the beverage while still adding a little something to your essential cup of joe. Another move would be to cut out milk or cream. This can significantly reduce the amount of added calories!
A traditional frappucino may be loaded with more than you think. Try blending your iced coffee instead! Here are some alternatives…
- Iced coffee
- Add sugar-free syrup or syrup of choice
- Ask for it BLENDED with ice
- No milk or cream
- OR go for something dairy free!
3. A Play on the Pink Drink
- Any of the Starbucks tea choices (unsweetened)
- Add a SPLASH of coconut milk
- 2 pumps of sugar-free vanilla
4. Pumpkin Spice & Everything Nice
- Cafe Misto with almond milk (or milk of choice). Choosing a non-dairy beverage reduces the calories more than skim or whole milk.
- One pump of pumpkin
- (1-2) pumps of sugar-free cinnamon dolce
- Stevia or sweetener of choice
You don’t have to give up your favorite sweet-tooth drink, the alternatives should still give your coffee a flavorful blast.