By Madelyn Hopkins
I need music to study. I guess I’m just wired that way. But to me, there’s something so focusing on listening to music while studying. It’s as if music gives me tunnel vision to my notes and only my notes.
Here’s the thing though, it’s not like listening to “Firework” by Katy Perry helps me study. It actually does quite the opposite. One time, I tried to study for an Econ Exam while listening to the Killers. I’m sure everybody can guess what happened to my focus level when “Mr. Brightside” came on…
There’s a fine line between what I like to listen to AND what keeps me focused. So I’ve created the ultimate study playlist for those days you just need to crank. Disclaimer, it’s quite a mix of genres, so buckle up and get studying!
- Better Not Look Down by B.B. King
- Pictures of People Taking Pictures by Jack Johnson
- Breezeblocks by Alt J
- Free by Donavon Frankenreiter
- 40 Day Dream by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
- Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum
- I’d Be Waiting by Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats
- Oil On Water by Bastille
- You’re the Best by Wet
- Backslider by Wild Belle
- How I Want Ya by Hudson Thames
- Otherways by Nona
- You Make My Dreams by Hall & Oates
- For What It’s Worth by Buffalo Springfield
- Another Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd
- People C’mon by Delta Spirit
- Friends by Francis and the Lights
- Sound & Color by Alabama Shakes
Happy Studying Y’all!