If you’re like me and you struggled with finding staple items in your closet, struggle no more! I’ve compiled a list of 10 essential clothing items you NEED in your closet so that you’re prepared for any and every event!
- Little black dress – this is essential for the last minute date party, funeral, formal event, etc. It’s a necessity, and it’ll come in handy!
- Jean Jacket – throw it on with black jeans, leggings, yoga pants, a skirt, whatever the vibe for the night is, and you’re set! Jean jackets are super versatile, and I wear mine all the time!
- Black t-strap heels – similar to the little black dress, you can dress these up or make them more casual, but sometimes they’re exactly what you need to complete an outfit. Don’t forget a change of shoes though if you have some high heels!
- Flare jeans – these are cute for a little dressy brunch date or a night with your girls! Definitely one of my favorite articles of clothing.
- Leather jacket – this one is similar to the jean jacket, but having a black leather jacket in your closet really works wonders. They’re especially cute with skirts or high waisted jeans!
- Jean skirt – this really goes with anything! Wedges for a lunch date, a cute top and some heels for a date with your boy/girl, or a nice blouse!
- Rain/snow boots – you never realize how important these are until you’re hiking around in sneakers in the snow… Hunter boots or Bean boots are great for rainy or snowy days!
- Black beanie – throw it on with a sweatshirt, or with your jean jacket 😉 black beanies are great for keeping you warm but also being cute!
- Comfy pair of sneakers – whether these are Air Force One or Ultra Boosts, you need a comfy pair of sneakers for late night Walmart runs or running around town with your girls on the weekends!
- Funky sweater – either a cool color, interesting pattern or fancy sleeves, a statement sweater is a great way to dress up any outfit, and they look so cute!
I hope my ten tips helped you build your perfect closet! Remember this next time you’re at your local T.J. Maxx or Marshall’s!